The Email editor is used to design and personalise the content of your email, providing you a simple user friendly interface to help you customise email campaigns without any developer's help. This article will walk you through each block type, how each option helps you personalise content, how to add image and resize them, how to edit the text.
Mainly, It has three sections.
To edit the existing theme's content, click on any element for the task pane to appear displaying the element’s properties shown at the right side for making the necessary changes desired.
The block options below the content properties will be available by default for all the included components. Using this, you can include the space or padding around the element’s content.
In the content section, we provide the following drag and drop components for your template. Let's go through the usage of every components.
Text: Drag and drop a text block to include a text area in your email. Once the component is dropped in the desired area, you will find a text block appear in your email content.
Click on the block to start writing the content. You will find range of formatting options which will help you customise the content you input.
Below are the various formatting options
- Bolding the text, italicising it, underling it, changing the font (type, size, colour) and insert special characters.
- Aligning text, numbering and create a bullet list.
- Clearing the formatting, option to undo.
- Insert and edit links and also option to add special link to manage unsubscribe link.
Merge tags: Using this option in the toolbar, you can include any attributes or placeholders into the email to make the email more personalised to the user. The placeholders will be filled in dynamically by the contact property values during email delivery. For example, by selecting the First Name, the first name of the user will be included on the email while sending.
Image: An image can be included within the email.
- The file can be uploaded from your internal storage
- Or Import it from a URL you provide.
- We also provide a search option to search more than 500,000 stock photos to import.
Note: The images used for your email content is saved for future use and a view to sort out the images imported for easier usability.
The below actions can be done after you upload your image.
Width and alignment of the uploaded image can be modified
A dynamic image can be used by giving the URL in the properties field, provided the size of the image should be equal to the sample image size
Special effects and alternate text can be provided for the image
Certain actions can be tagged along with the email. For example, opening a webpage, make a call, send SMS and send email
Button: A new button can be included and the action for the button and the styles can be customised in the content properties.
You can choose the below options to trigger an on click function.
- Open a webpage: Provide the URL path for the receivers to guide them to a particular webpage.
- Send an Email: Add the email ID of the receivers address, subject of the mail and compose the body of the email.
- Make a call: Enter the number in the field displayed.
- Send an SMS.
You can also format the button using the options provided in the toolbar like below,
- Change background colour of the button.
- Change the text colour in the button.
- Align the content and adjust the line height.
- Change the content padding dimensions and provide border display options.
Change the block padding to adjust the position of the element.
Divider: A divider can be included in between any two elements. The width and line properties of the divider can be customised.
Social: A new social block can be included providing the option for icon styling, inclusion of more icons and tag them with relevant links.
HTML: A new HTML block can be inserted providing an option to manually include the HTML code which we want to show on the email. You can upload your own HTML also under the Style tab.
The email editor uses the latest HTML and CSS standards for email design which meets multiscreen viewing criteria.
Video: By inserting a video component, you can add a thumbnail or vimeo by providing the URL of the video needs to be added. We can also hide the video for mobile alone using the below toggle.
The rows provide a general template upon which the content elements could be inserted. You can drag and drop any template which fits your needs.
Once you drag and drop a Row component, the template would look like below where you can insert a content.
Settings provide an option to customise the
- background colour
- content background colour
- link colour
- font family