Freshmarketer and Segment Integration: Get any customer information when you need it, where you need it to be.
Marketers need all the customer details they can get. After all, how else would you send personalized campaigns? But the reality is that all critical information of your customers say account details, website visits, support tickets, form submissions - all are scattered in different tools. How do you bring all this data in one place? How do you share this data to teams which need it?
This is where Segment comes in. It collects, stores, and routes your user data from different sources to hundreds of other tools. Having said that, it’s no surprise that Segment is integrated with more than 250 applications. Some of them send user information (Source) to Segment and some of them receive such user information (Destination) from Segment.
But if you’re already using Segment and aware of all this, we’ve got good news for you! Freshmarketer is integrated with Segment as Destination. This means you can send in user data to Freshmarketer from your Segment account in a jiffy!
What can you do with the integration?
As a start, you’ll be able to push all your contacts from Segment to Freshmarketer. Say, a visitor on your site is identified and stored as a contact in your Segment account, such contact along with the name, email, phone number, and even custom fields will be added into your Freshmarketer account. Your contacts in Freshmarketer will get updated as per your Segment account, throughout the customer lifecycle.
But this is just a start towards much deeper integration with Segment. Below are the methods through which Freshmarketer integrates with Segment.
Identify – Who is the prospect? (Available)
Page – What is the page they are currently in? (Coming soon)
Track – What are they doing on the website? (Coming Soon)
Currently, Freshmarketer support Identify method. Our technical team is already working on supporting other APIs as well.
How does it work?
Want to try integrating Freshmarketer with Segment? It’s pretty simple and straightforward.
Here’s how you do it:
1. Login to Freshmarketer as an Administrator.
2. Generate API key under Settings > API Settings.
3. Go to Admin Settings > Integrations > Third Party Integrations.
4. Enable Segment toggle button.
5. You’d be directed to Segment’s homepage. Click Login and sign into your Segment account.
6. Once you sign in, you are directed to send data to Freshmarketer window.
7. Click Send Data when you’re done.
8. You are redirected to the Third party integrations page in Freshmarketer where you can find Segment enabled.
9. Now the contacts get created or updated in Freshmarketer which is pushed via segment.
Sounds interesting? Then go ahead try out this integration and give us your feedback. We would love to hear from you! :)